Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween! I'm Number One!



It was Drowning Witch or Goblin Girl.  I wanted something with a sola, so Drowning Witch it is.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Chad Wackerman as much as the next guy, but it is an enduring sorrow that FZ never played with anyone like Laurence Cook or Paul Lovens or Sunny Murray, or someone who could really go out.  I can listen to that era of FZ's soloing for hours and hours and hours and still feel like, I dunno...like there was still more yet to be said/played/done.  (Oddly, I don't feel that way the electronic music or the symphonic material.)

But really, this is no time for sorrow, because I'm number one!  That's right, I'm the Number One Jazz Artist in the Reverb Nation of Kelowna!  Or in Kelowna, I'm Reverb Nation's Number One Jazz Artist.  EITHER WAY I'M NUMBER ONE!

That is thanks to FANS LIKE YOU!  As you are well aware, Kelowna's place in Jazz history is unimpeachable--vibrant, rich and storied.  Like me, just about synonymous with Jazz.  Stanley Jason Zappa = Kelowna = Jazz.  The music is a reflection of the place is the reflection of music is a reflection of me and I'M NUMBER ONE IN JAZZ OF IT ALL ACCORDING TO REVERBNATION!

So what's next you ask?  Calgary?  Who can say, but with me being NUMBER ONE JAZZ ARTIST IN KELOWNA, I'd say the whole damn world is probably mine for the picking.  THANKS TO FANS LIKE YOU!